Railroads to Superhighways: A Handbook on Big Ideas That Have Made Our World Smaller
Written by Hwee Goh | Illustrated by David Liew
* Be a Change Maker and enjoy both books in the series (Invisible Enemies + Railroads to Superhighways) at a bundle price of $24 with free shipping!
* All copies will be autographed by amazing author, Hwee Goh, and illustrator extraordinaire, David Liew.
The first railroad was built in the early 19th century and the world's axis shifted along with it.
Since then, revolutionary ideas have changed the way we live, work, play and connect.
- How were "instant" messages sent in ancient times?
- What did the Silk Road bring to the rest of the world?
- Which search engine used to be called BackRub?
- Why does the creator of the World Wide Web regret his invention?
Former TV journalist Hwee Goh and historian/artist David Liew use a fun, narrative arc to tell the stories of how connections have sparked change globally. After all, a clear view of history sets the perspective forward for the future. Are you ready for your next journey of discovery?
About the Change Makers series
The Change Makers series of books will build in readers a strong sense of inquiry, to arm them with knowledge in S.T.E.A.M (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) to tackle this brave new world of unknowns.
About the author
Hwee Goh is classically trained at Northwestern’s Medill School of Journalism. The MediaCorp scholar then spent 16 years in political broadcast news, before branching out to writing for children. She also teaches media skills and provides editorial support to companies at The Media Consultants Singapore. She is followed on @hweezbooks, where she continues her lifetime love for curating stories.
About the illustrator
David Liew is a prolific artist/sculptor who has illustrated several bestselling book series. This series has especially enabled David to return to his history-educator roots. He also supports fellow authors and illustrators as the Regional Advisor to the Singapore Chapter of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators.